In order to follow the guidelines of the CDC and other health officials, the library has closed to the public and beginning next week only essential business will be conducted by staff. We will not have staff available to handle materials that are returned at this time, so please keep your materials. We hope to provide basic online assistance via chat as long as possible.
- All programs, including ESL Classes, AARP Tax Help, and storytimes have been canceled through May 2020.
- We are working on streaming some of our programs online and offering online discussions. Check our calendar for those opportunities.
- For help with taxes or other social services call 211 or click here.
- Homebound deliveries are also halted at this time.
We do not know when we will be able to re-open. That will be determined by health and government officials.
Financial Aid and Community Information
CARES Act (National Stimulus Package with relief for businesses, those pay student loan debt, etc.)
Per the Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA), the eligible organizations include:
- State government – departments, agencies, boards, commissions, authorities, universities
- Local government – counties, townships, township road districts, cities, villages, school districts, levee/drainage districts, community college districts, special districts
- Private non-profit organizations – utility cooperatives, hospitals, schools, churches
- Native American tribes and tribal organizations
- Food Stamps
- Energy Assistance
- Rental Assistance
Representative Brad Schneider Covid-19 Webinars:
- April 6th 3:00pm CT - Rep. Schneider Webinar on Federal Resources for Small Businesses
- April 9th 3:00pm CT - Rep. Schneider Webinar on Federal Resources for Nonprofits