Youth Services Librarian I
Can you perform a riveting book talk or science experiment on-the-go? Have you tried out all the hottest toys and games? Do you speak children's (or teen's!) literature like a second language? If that's you, then come join the friendliest library in Illinois! The Fremont Public Library is looking for an innovative, enthusiastic, service-oriented team player to join the Youth Services Department (serving patrons ages 0-17 and the adults who love them). The person in this role will participate in collection management, community outreach, service desk staffing, and in-house programming.
What you need to be successful:
- Master of Library & Information Science from an ALA-accredited school. Current students and recent graduates will be considered.
- An approachable, friendly attitude while interacting with patrons of all ages.
- Confidence in public speaking, teaching, presenting and performing.
- Experience working in public libraries or relevant customer service field.
What we offer:
- A modern and spacious library building with unique, innovative services, programs, community partnerships, and collections.
- A vibrant and diverse community that enthusiastically supports their library.
- A 40-hour work week with about one evening per week and about one weekend per month.
- Excellent benefits including health/dental/vision insurance, IMRF, vacation and medical leave, flexible schedules, and support for conference travel and continuing education.
- Starting salary of $22 per hour or $45,760 annually
Email cover letter and resume to Becky Ingram at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Youth Services Librarian Opening
No phone call, please.
Visit the RAILS (Reaching Across Illinois Library System) job site to see what employment opportunities are available at other Illinois libraries.