The library has PC computers equipped with Internet access, word processing, electronic reference resources and educational learning programs in the Adult and Youth Services departments. Computers are available on a walk-in basis. To ensure fair and equal access for everyone, we use a reservation system when all computers are in use.
If a computer is available, type in:
• ADULT (Adult computers, 2nd floor)
• YOUTH (Youth computers, 1st floor)
• TEEN (Teen computers, 1st floor)
If no computers are available, go to the department service desk to reserve the next available computer.
- Adult computers are unfiltered and for use by those 18 and older, unless accompanied by an adult.
- Youth computers and Teen computers are filtered and for use by those younger than 18.
- Teen computers are reserved for high school students. Teens, who wish to use them, if asked must be able to provide a high school ID.
- Children younger than 8 years old must have an adult assist them with the computer.
- Adults who wish to use the youth computers must be accompanied by a child.
The library also offers 2 types of scanners to upload documents and photos to the internet. These are free to use with no fee unless you are printing.
Printing is available from library computers on both floors. The charge is 10 cents per page for black & white, and 50 cents per page for color.
The library also offers free Wi-Fi service throughout the library. If using it on your mobile device, you will need to select FPLD-Wireless and then open your Internet browser to be directed to the library's mobile hotspot. Click the agreement button and a window will open showing that you are connected to the Wi-Fi network. Do not close this window or your Wi-Fi connection will be disconnected. For more help, please visit a service desk.