Maintenance / Custodian
Work Schedule: 15-18 hours per week, weekday afternoons: 2-6pm
- General upkeep of building and grounds
- Reports any building problems to Facilities Supervisor
- Assists in opening/closing of Library and securing the building
- Meeting room set ups
- Outside trash pick up
- Snow removal from entrance and walkways
- Bio Clean Crisis Scene Management, cleaning, disinfecting, handling, containment and disposal of any bodily fluid “spills” due to illness and/or accident.
- High school age or above. Valid driver’s license.
- Fluent in English, both oral and written.
- Able to safely and effectively use hand tools.
- Basic understanding of HVAC systems and controls.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Requires full range of body motion including standing, sitting, bending, walking, stooping, reaching in tight places, shoveling, mowing and climbing vertical and step-ladders.
- Position involves lifting and carrying up to 70 pounds and the ability to push at least 100 pounds on wheels.
- Manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination when moving library materials or operating automated equipment and power tools.
- Good vision; correctable to 20/20 and in color.
Stop at the Checkout Desk to fill out an application in person.
Fremont Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer that maintains a drug-free workplace.
Visit the RAILS (Reaching Across Illinois Library System) job site to see what employment opportunities are available at other Illinois libraries.