Circulation Assistant - Part Time
The Fremont Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic person with excellent customer service skills to join our circulation staff. In this position you will be dealing directly with library patrons and visitors.
- Greets and directs library patrons.
- Performs library material check-in, check-outs, and renewals in accordance with established library policies and procedures.
- Receives and records patron’s fines and fees.
- Issues library cards and maintains library patron records.
- Answers telephone calls and provides routine information or refers calls to appropriate departments.
- Communicates library policies and procedures to patrons and staff in an accurate and courteous manner.
- Assists with shelf reading and shelving of materials, as needed.
- Performs related duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in a customer service environment.
- Ability to communicate well in both oral and written English; Spanish speaking a plus.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and related software.
- Operate a cash register.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other people.
- Physical Demands:
- Requires full range of body motion including standing, sitting, bending, and stooping.
- Ability to lift and move books.
- Ability to push and pull book carts.
Work Schedule: 16 hours/week; schedule must be flexible to include mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekend shifts.
Salary: $11.25 per hour. No benefits.
Apply in person at the Checkout desk or email your resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
The Fremont Public Library is looking for 2 new Facilities Assistants to set up rooms for programs, clean staff areas and provide general maintenance duties such as dusting, replacing bulbs, shoveling in the winter, window-cleaning, etc. The Facilities Assistant works under the Facilities Supervisor. This is a highly physical job, requiring repetitive lifting of tables and chairs. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who can work with minimal supervision, follow a list of directions and use good judgment in contacting the supervisor when necessary for additional instructions. The ideal candidate will be able to complete all tasks related to their shift within their allotted hours with thoroughness and an attention to detail.
Work Schedule: We have the following shifts that need to be covered.
Afternoons: 17.5 hours per week (2:30—6pm Monday through Friday)
Weekends: 15 hours per week (Saturdays 8am—4pm & Sundays 12—7pm)
- At least 18 years of age with a valid driver’s license.
- Fluent in English, both oral and written.
- Able to safely and effectively use hand tools, including machines and appliances such as vacuum cleaners and snow blowers.
- Able to learn the basics of our HVAC systems and controls in order to read and report to the Facilities Supervisor over the phone.
Physical Requirements are extensive. Please refer to the Job Description for full list.
- Able to perform frequent standing, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, laying, and twisting to perform maintenance on furnishings and equipment, sometimes in tight places.
- Able to push/pulling shovels, rakes, brooms, and mops to clean or remove snow or leaves.
- Frequent average lifting and carrying for room setups: tables weighing 25-60 pounds.
To Apply: Stop at the Checkout Desk to fill out an application in person.
Fremont Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer that maintains a drug-free workplace.
Youth Services Librarian – Full Time
Come join the friendliest library in Illinois! Fremont Public Library is looking for a creative, versatile, customer service-minded professional to join our team which serves ages birth to 17 and their parents. Preferred candidates will have experience with early childhood programming and a passion for working with children of all ages.
In addition to working a busy youth services desk one night per week and about one weekend per month, the position’s duties will include the following:
Programming: Story times and outreach of all kinds from fairs to daycare visits. Additional programming will be determined by the needs of the community and extend to all ages that the department serves.
Collection Management: Various fiction and non-fiction collections for preschool to grade 8.
• Master of Library & Information Science from an ALA-accredited school. Will also consider candidates currently enrolled in an MLIS program.
• Spanish language skills a plus.
• Personal computer fluency in Microsoft Office in a Windows environment and proficiency in searching within a database essential.
• Demonstrated proficiency in searching the Internet and using apps and mobile devices.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Personable and approachable, with excellent professional image and attitude, strong presentation, teaching, planning and organizational skills, and enthusiasm for working with children and adults.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Able to navigate library spaces to assist patrons (able to sit, stand, walk, stoop, and reach).
Full-Time – 40 hrs/week
Salary: $41,600 – 45,000, with excellent benefits.
To apply, email cover letter and resume
Re: YS Librarian Full Time Position
No phone calls, please.
Visit the RAILS (Reaching Across Illinois Library System) job site to see what employment opportunities are available at other Illinois libraries.