The Fremont Public Library is looking for 2 new Facilities Assistants to set up rooms for programs, clean staff areas and provide general maintenance duties such as dusting, replacing bulbs, shoveling in the winter, window-cleaning, etc. The Facilities Assistant works under the Facilities Supervisor. This is a highly physical job, requiring repetitive lifting of tables and chairs. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who can work with minimal supervision, follow a list of directions and use good judgment in contacting the supervisor when necessary for additional instructions. The ideal candidate will be able to complete all tasks related to their shift within their allotted hours with thoroughness and an attention to detail.
Work Schedule: We have the following shifts that need to be covered.
Afternoons: 17.5 hours per week (2:30—6pm Monday through Friday)
Weekends: 15 hours per week (Saturdays 8am—4pm & Sundays 12—7pm)
Pay: Starts at $11.25/hr.
- At least 18 years of age with a valid driver’s license.
- Fluent in English, both oral and written.
- Able to safely and effectively use hand tools, including machines and appliances such as vacuum cleaners and snow blowers.
- Able to learn the basics of our HVAC systems and controls in order to read and report to the Facilities Supervisor over the phone.
- Physical Requirements are extensive. Please refer to the Job Description for full list.
- Able to perform frequent standing, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, laying, and twisting to perform maintenance on furnishings and equipment, sometimes in tight places.
- Able to push/pulling shovels, rakes, brooms, and mops to clean or remove snow or leaves.
- Frequent average lifting and carrying for room setups: tables weighing 25-60 pounds.
To Apply: Stop at the Checkout Desk to fill out an application in person or click here for an application and turn it in at the Checkout Desk.
Fremont Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer that maintains a drug-free workplace.
Librarian – Adult Services
We are looking for a flexible, friendly, customer-oriented librarian to work part time in our adult department. Knowledge of popular reading interests of adults required. Must be able to use and instruct others in basic technology and downloading of e-materials. Ability to handle more complicated device and computer questions is preferred. The majority of the job is spent on collection development, providing general reference and reader’s advisory, and basic computer help to adults.
Part Time: $20/hr
Hours: 24-28 hours per week, including at least one evening shift (5-9pm) and one weekend shift per month.
- Master of Library & Information Science from an ALA-accredited school. Will consider candidates currently enrolled in an MLIS program.
- Personal computer fluency in Microsoft Office in a Windows environment and proficiency in searching within a database essential.
- Demonstrated proficiency in searching the Internet and using apps and mobile devices.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Personable and approachable, with excellent professional image and attitude, strong presentation, teaching, planning and organizational skills, and enthusiasm for working with children and adults.
- Manual: enough to operate computer keyboard and mouse.
- Mobile: enough to navigate library spaces to escort patrons into the stacks and/or to retrieve materials from another area of the library in a timely manner. This may include reaching above the shoulder and using a step stool for assistance in reaching high shelves as well as kneeling or squatting to reach materials at a low level.
- Visual: able to detect color coding, read documents and a computer screen.
- Communication: Fluent in English, both written and oral. Able to speak and be heard and hear the speech of co-workers and patrons in person and over the phone. Able to be heard by a larger group of people without the aid of a microphone.
Email cover letter and resume to:
Subject: Librarian Position
No phone calls, please.
Visit the RAILS (Reaching Across Illinois Library System) job site to see what employment opportunities are available at other Illinois libraries.