Digital Conversion Equipment
The library has equipment that can be checked out to use at home that will help you convert media such as photos, audio cassettes and CDs to digital files.
Kodak Scanza Digital Film & Slide Scanner
The Kodak Scanza converts film negatives and slides to JPEGs in seconds. This does NOT convert printed photos to digital images.
- Converts 35mm, 126, 110, Super 8 & 8mm film negatives & slides to JPEG
- Includes 3 film adapter trays, 3 inserts, HDMI cord, AV cord, power cord & instructions
- Also includes a 32GB SanDisk SD Card & USB Card reader for uploading photos to computer
Plustek ePhoto Z300 Scanner
Scan photos and documents to digitize them and share with others. Supports 3x5, 4x6, 5x7, and 8x10 in sizes photo scanning but also letter and A4 size paper. Optical Resolution is up to 600 dpi.
Scanning Time: 2 seconds for one 4x6 photo and 5 seconds for one 8x10 size photo@300dpi. You can easily convert about 1000 photos to digitize files in one afternoon and share with your family or friends.
Free Photo Editing Software:
Download the Plustek ePhoto software to easily make corrections to pictures. ePhoto Z300 works with both Mac and PC : Supports Windows 7/8/10/11 , Mac OS X 10.10 to 13.x , User can download the latest version on Plustek website or use the supplied DVD-ROM.
Cassette Tape to Digital Converter
This player can be used as a portable cassette player by plugging in standard headphones, or connect it to your computer, download the free “Audacity” software and convert your cassette recording into a digital audio file.
External USB CD/DVD/RW Drive
Burn discs or upload data from discs to your computer with this plug and play external disc drive. High speed USB 3.0 brings faster data transmission speed and stable performance.
Designed with eject button so that you never have to worry about your disc getting stuck inside this external CD/DVD drive.
ClearClick Video to Digital Converter
- ClearClick Video to Digital Converter 2.0 helps you transfer videotapes to digital format with the touch of a button.
- Includes RCA cable (Red/White/Yellow cord) and high speed USB stick for storing video and transferring to computer.
- Does not include VHS player—you must have your own VCR, camcorder, or other device to play the original content.
- Watch the video below for more info.
VHS to DVD Converter
- This equipment cannot be checked out, but is available for in-library use. Reservations can be made by Fremont cardholders only for a 4-hour time slot. Others may use it on a walk-in basis if openings are available, but a Library Card is still required.
- You must purchase the DVDs from the library to ensure a successful conversion. They cost $.25 each.
- Please obey all copyright laws and do not use the conversion equipment to convert copyrighted videos to DVD - it will not be successful.
- We also have a mini-cassette to VHS adapter for conversion, but cannot accommodate 8mm at this time.
We encourage you to watch the instructional video before your visit to help you get started right away with your reservation.
Video Editing Software
The library does not offer video editing software, but there are many free free editing tools on the internet.
Free Video Editing Software from Tom's Guide
Best Video Editing Software for Beginners from Comparitech