Patrons must have a library card to borrow materials from the library, including downloadable books and music.
To get a library card from Fremont Public Library, you must:
- Live within our library district (find your library district by going to Lake County Maps Online and doing a "Full Search" of your address.)
- Complete an application in person
- Present two forms of valid ID, including 1 photo ID:
- Valid Driver's license, State of Illinois ID card, Matricula card
- Valid passport
- Utility bill (dated within the last 3 months)
- Rental agreement
- Property title or mortgage
- Note: if your photo ID is valid and contains your current address, only one form of ID is required
- Children of any age can get a card, but patrons under age 18 must have a parent complete and sign the application. Both the parent and child must be present at the time the application is completed, and the parent must provide ID as outlined above.
- All cards will expire every three years. After expiration, you will need to show proof of residency to reactivate the card.
What if I don't live in the Fremont Public Library District?
People who live outside of our library district are welcome to check out books and other materials, but must use the card issued to them by their library. This card needs to be registered in our computer system, which can be done at the Check Out desk. The card being registered must be in good standing at the issuing library, and the patron must present valid ID.
Lost cards can be replaced at the Check Out desk. There is a $2.00 charge for replacement cards. Patrons wishing to replace a lost card must present valid ID, and any outstanding issues must be resolved at the time the replacement card is issued.
To report a lost or stolen card, call (847) 566-8702; if requested, we can bar your card from further use until you can replace it. This will prevent anyone who finds it from checking out. Please note that patrons are responsible for all items checked out on their cards.
Our complete circulation policy is available here.