A Roku streaming device gets data (the video stream) via a wired or Wi-Fi connection from an Internet router. You can use this device to watch streaming content, such as Netflix and Hulu, on your television.
Fremont Public Library has several Roku devices available for checkout.
You'll need the following in order to check out the Roku:
- A valid library card
- A television equipped with an HDMI port
- A home wireless internet network
Only Fremont cardholders can place holds on Rokus, but anyone may check out a Roku that's on the shelf. Stop by the Reader's Service desk on the first floor and ask! Checkout is for one week, and they are only renewable if no one has a hold on the item.
What you can watch
The library has subscriptions to these services so you can try them out.
- Netflix (exclusive series: The Crown, Longmire, Stranger Things)
- Hulu (exclusive series: The Handmaid's Tale, Runaways)
- The Great Courses
- PBS Passport (new episodes of Poldark and The Great British Bake Show)
- Vudu (new movies)