THE LIBRARY BUILDING IS NOW OPEN!
- All returned materials are quarantined for 5 days before they are checked in from your library account.
- Overdue notices have resumed from our automated system. You may receive an email or phone call after your items are 10 days overdue, and then another one 5 days later. Because we are in a consortium, we cannot change the timing of these messages. Please know that we have added an additional week after the 15-day overdue notice before your account will be blocked. This should accommodate the quarantine period. If your status is blocked and you believe you have returned all of your materials, please contact the library.
If you are feeling sick, please do not enter.
- Curbside pick-up will still be available for print-outs and materials. We also have Home Delivery for those who are not able to drive to the library during this time.
Face coverings are required at all times for everyone over age 2.
- Cover both your nose and mouth, please. As supplies last, we will have masks or face shields available for those who need them.
- Enforcement of this is based on Illinois Dept. of Public Health(IDPH) guidelines and Phase 4 plans from the Governor and the Illinois Dept. of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) guidelines.
All children under age 13 must remain with a caregiver age 13 or over.
- To help maintain all safety guidelines, including the wearing of face coverings and keeping your visits short (one hour or less), we are limiting the age of unattended children to age 13 and over.
Maintain social distancing of 6 feet or more whenever possible.
- The public desks will all have acrylic barriers in front of the spaces where staff are working. Please stand behind these barriers when requesting help or speaking with staff.
- Look for circles on the floor for specific spaces to stand to indicate 6 feet distance when in line for checkout or at another service desk.
- Staff will try to assist patrons from behind a barrier or from a distance of 6 feet or more when guiding into the stacks or at a patron’s computer. Please honor their requests for distance for everyone’s safety.
No eating in the library
- While we still have snack vending machines, we ask that these be consumed outside the library. We have picnic tables and benches near the front entrance for this purpose. Please also try to keep your face covered as much as possible between drinks of water or vending machine beverages.
Please keep your visit short and sweet (one hour or less)!
- We ask that visits be limited to one hour or less. If you need more time, please ask for assistance.
- As the library’s occupancy limit during Phase 4 is 110 people, 60 on the first floor and 50 on the second floor, we will be using a counter to keep track and patrons wanting to enter after we have reached capacity may have to wait until someone leaves.
Basic library services available
- New library hours will be maintained through Phase 4.
- Patrons will be able to browse the stacks and checkout materials. No restrictions on the types of materials except the circulating book bags.
- Curbside pick-up of holds and print-outs is still available.
- Seating will be limited and spaced for social distancing.
- Newspapers and magazines will be returned to a specific cart for others to use at their own risk. The issues will be returned to the shelves after quarantining at night.
- Self-service printing, copying and faxing on the second floor.
- Use of computers (see below). Laptops are unavailable due to their fragility and inability to be properly sanitized between uses.
- Notary services (please follow the directions of the Notary on the second floor to maintain social distancing.)
- Proctoring (must make an appointment ahead of time by calling the library and asking for the proctor or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Returns accepted via the outside drive-up book return as well as via bins at the entrance.
- Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the library as well as outside.
- To ensure that those doing essential functions on a computer have enough time to complete their tasks, we ask that patrons keep non-essential usage of the computers to an hour or less.
- Those who just need to print can send their documents from home to our Mobile Printing (ePrint-it App) and come to curbside pick-up to retrieve the documents for free.
- Fremont cardholders and members of the library's consortium may place holds from outside Fremont library using our online catalog. Please note that due to quarantine requirements, there may be delays.
- Members from libraries outside the library consortium are unable to place and pick up holds from Fremont Library until further notice. This includes Cook, Grayslake, Vernon, Warren-Newport, Wauconda, and others. Previous holds placed in our catalog will display as "PAUSED" until this restriction is lifted. Please use your home library to request holds from other libraries.
- Patrons from any library may contact the library directly to request a material showing on shelf be reserved for them to pick up. Use chat or phone for these requests. Email is not recommended.
- Study rooms & meeting rooms are off limits except for proctoring tests.
- In-person programming is suspended. Please see our events calendar for our virtual offerings.
- Book Club Service is unavailable until we are back to full InterLibrary Loan services within the library consortium. Please check the library’s website for updates.
- The Kodak Photo Scanner and Digital Conversion Station are unavailable.
- To comply with the limited occupancy we ask that no one gathers in groups of more than 4 people (unless they are all from the same family).
- The entrance has been modified to control the flow of people in one direction. Enter on the left and exit on the left. The inside book returns are closed and replaced with carts outside the main entrance for returning materials.
- Sanitizing supplies are available at every service desk.
- Masks and face shields are available (from a limited supply) for those in need.
- We clean high touch surfaces (handrails, accessibility buttons, doorknobs) continuously throughout the day, and all other surfaces after hours. Ask at any service desk for cleaning materials if you’d like to disinfect a surface before use.
- All returned materials are quarantined for 5 days before they are checked in from the patron’s account. We do not issue fines, so there are no penalties to the patron while the materials wait in quarantine.
- Overdue notices have resumed from our automated system. You may receive an email or phone call after your items are 10 days overdue, and then another one 5 days later. Because we are in a consortium, we cannot change the timing of these messages. Please know that we have added an additional week after the 15-day overdue notice before your account will be blocked. This should accommodate the quarantine period. If you are blocked and you believe you have returned all of your materials, please contact the library.
- Materials that are in the stacks may have been touched by other patrons just as items in grocery and retail stores may have been touched by others. Those with compromised immunity may wish to quarantine materials after bringing them home for 1 – 3 days before using them.
- There is no safe way to sanitize most library materials other than with time. Please do not spray or wipe library materials down. Patrons will be charged for any damage done to materials.
Free Wi-Fi Access in Library Parking Lot
We have enabled one of our mobile hotspots in the windows of the library to improve Wi-Fi access and still accommodate social distancing. The name and password for the hotspot is listed on the window which is near the whirling art on the north east part of the building. If you want to sit outside to access the signal, please remain at least 6 feet from other patrons. The FPLD Wireless signal is designed for in-library use, but it also has some reach in the parking lot, mostly from the middle parking spaces near the flag pole. The signals are open 24/7. If you have trouble with a signal please call the library at 847-566-8702.