Curbside Services Open; Building Closed
The library offers curbside pick-up of materials, crafts, and printouts and is providing virtual programs. The library is open to Fremont cardholders for computer use by appointment. To make an appointment, please use chat or call the library during normal business hours (847) 566-8702. Details about these services are listed below.
Librarians are available to answer questions and help pick out materials for you via phone, chat, or email during library hours: Monday through Thursday 10am-8pm, Friday and Saturday 10am-5pm and Sunday 1-5pm.
- You must have a Fremont Library Card to make an appointment. If you live in the Fremont Library District but do not yet have a card, call the library and we can set you up with a card via our Curbside Service.
- To make an appointment chat with us or call 847-566-8702.
- Appointments can be made for patrons with children. Please ask about the details when you call or chat with us.
- Appointments are for 1 hour but those who want to leave early may do so by speaking with the librarian.
- Please wear your mask while waiting in line and throughout your time in the library.
- You will be asked to answer basic COVID-related health questions before you will be allowed to enter the library.
- Walk-ins will be allowed if you have your Fremont card in hand, and only if we have an open computer available. Come to the library doors by the times listed below for entry. Driver's Licenses or cards from other libraries will NOT be accepted. It must be your Fremont Library card.
Appointment Times are:
- Monday – Thursday 10am, 2pm, 6pm
- Friday & Saturday 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 4pm
- Sunday 1pm, 3pm
- Late arrivals will have to make a new appointment.
COPYING, SCANNING, FAXING:
Patrons who need to use our EZ Scan to scan, copy or fax may make a computer appointment; see "Computer Appointments" above for details. Copies may be made at libraries that still have open building hours, or the UPS Store in Mundelein or FedEx Print & Ship in Libertyville.
Another option is Cook Memorial Library in Libertyville. Click here for details.
We are unable to provide notary services during this time. An alternative is Fremont Township at 22385 W. Illinois Route 60 in Mundelein. They ask that you CALL AHEAD to 847-223-2847. Notary hours are 8:30am-3pm and are free.
Send your print jobs using our Mobile Printing site or App and come to the library within 24 hours and during open library hours. Park in a curbside spot and call the number on the sign. You will be forwarded to a librarian who will print your job(s) and a curbside staff member will bring it out to your car. Limit 20 pages per person per day. There is no fee for this service.
WHAT IF I DON’T KNOW WHAT I WANT?
Browse through our lists of new and trendy books, movies and music on our Read, Watch, Listen pages. Every cover is linked to our catalog so you can easily place a hold.
Use our Book Match service to get personalized recommendations of books, audiobooks, or movies available through our online resources emailed to you. It’s easy! From the main library page click “Book Match". Fill out the form and within 1 business day you’ll receive a list of links to titles in the format of your choice. You can then place your own holds or borrow the e-book titles instantly!
Custom Curbside Selections:
Call or chat with us and the librarian will pick out items currently on the shelf in the genre or subject matter of your choosing. Perfect for the busy parent of a toddler or for the movie lover that likes to discover new titles to view! Depending on demand, the items may not be gathered immediately, so please call ahead before coming to Curbside. Custom Selections may include Library of Things, Hands-on Kits, Videogames, and anything else that checks out except for Telescopes, which are unavailable to circulate via Curbside.
- Fremont cardholders and members of the library's consortium may place holds from outside Fremont library using our online catalog. Please note that due to quarantine requirements, there may be delays.
- Members from libraries outside the library consortium are unable to place and pick up holds from Fremont Library until further notice. This includes Cook, Vernon, Warren-Newport, Wauconda, and others. Previous holds placed in our catalog will display as "PAUSED" until this restriction is lifted. Please use your home library to request holds from other libraries.
- Patrons from any library may contact the library directly to request a material showing on shelf be reserved for them to pick up. Use chat or phone for these requests. Email is not recommended.
- All returned materials are quarantined for 5 days (10 days for kits and puzzles) before they are checked in from the patron’s account. We do not issue fines, so there are no penalties to the patron while the materials wait in quarantine.
- Overdue notices have resumed from our automated system. You may receive an email or phone call after your items are 10 days overdue, and then another one 5 days later. Because we are in a consortium, we cannot change the timing of these messages. Please know that we have added an additional week after the 15-day overdue notice before your account will be blocked. This should accommodate the quarantine period. If you are blocked and you believe you have returned all of your materials, please contact the library.
- Materials that are in the stacks may have been touched by other patrons just as items in grocery and retail stores may have been touched by others. Those with compromised immunity may wish to quarantine materials after bringing them home for 1 – 3 days before using them.
- There is no safe way to sanitize most library materials other than with time. Please do not spray or wipe library materials down. Patrons will be charged for any damage done to materials.
FREE WI-FI ACCESS IN PARKING LOT:
The FPLD Wireless signal is designed for in-library use, but it also has some reach in the parking lot, mostly from the middle parking spaces near the flag pole. The signal is open 24/7. If you have trouble with a signal please call the library at 847-566-8702. If you want to sit outside to access the signal, please remain at least 6 feet from other patrons.