You must have a library card in order to check out materials. A valid Illinois driver’s license or State ID may also be registered with the Library as a substitute library card which can only be used to check out materials. This registration can be done at the Checkout desk.
Freedom from Fines! There are no more late fees from Fremont Library.
|Item Type||Loan Period||Limit||Renewable?||Place Holds?|
|Books & all items not listed below||3 weeks||75 total items||Yes||Yes|
|AV Equipment (GoPro, Nintendo Switch, Roku)||1 week||1||Yes||Fremont only|
|Blu-rays & DVDs: New or High Demand||1 week||10||Yes||Fremont only|
|Blu-rays & DVDs: New TV Series||3 weeks||10||Yes||Fremont only|
|Book Club Collection||3 weeks||n/a||Yes||Fremont only|
|Computer Equipment (Slide converter, webcam)||1 week||1||Yes||Fremont only|
|Hands-on Kits & Board Games||3 weeks||5||Yes||Fremont only|
|Mobile Hotspots||1 week||1||Yes||Fremont only|
|Launchpads||3 weeks||2||Yes||Fremont only|
|Steam Equipment (DVD player, Telescope, Binoculars)||1 week||1||Yes||Fremont only|
|Videogames: New||1 week||2||Yes||Fremont only|
- Renewable items will automatically renew 3 days before they are due if no one else is waiting for the item.
- Choose email notification to receive a notice with the new due dates and/or a list of those titles that could not be renewed.
- Even if you do not have email notifications selected, your items will still be auto-renewed. Check your account for more information.
RETURNS & OVERDUES DURING PANDEMIC
You may return your items using the Drive-Up Book Returns. If you have kits or other items in plastic bins that do not fit into the outside returns, please return them during library hours to the bins in front of the main entrance. Once items are returned they will be quarantined for 5 days before they will be checked in off your account.
Overdue notices are automatically sent at 10, 15 and 28 days before a bill is sent 45 days after the item was due. If your materials are still out on your account after 21 days overdue, your account will be blocked. This accounts for the quarantine period. (During normal operations accounts were blocked at 14 days overdue).
When items are returned they will NOT be checked in off accounts until they have quarantined 5 days (or 10 days for board games and hands-on kits). If your items are still displaying on your account after a week, please contact the library.
Freedom From Fines!
- We have removed late fees for all materials
- All items still have due dates.
- You are expected to return or renew items by their due dates.
- If you have an item out more than 2 weeks past its due date, you can't check out any more until the item is returned.
- 45 days after an item was due the item will be considered lost and you will be billed. At that point you may return the item or pay the bill.
- If you find a lost item within 1 week after paying to replace it, you may receive a refund.
Fremont Library is part of the Computer Cooperative Services (CCS) Consortium, so we are able to seamlessly order in most materials from any of the libraries who share our catalog. Fremont cardholders may also order items from libraries outside the consortium by contacting the library Reference Desk at 847-566-8702 or through the chat feature. For more details about InterLibrary Loan outside the consortium, click here.