Free Computer & Device Help is offered at Fremont Public Library.
e-Magazines from Zinio.com
- Click on the Zinio button to the right.
- Click Create New Account on the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- Type in your FPLD library card number, without spaces and click Next.
- Enter your name, email address and a password (min. 7 char. including 1 alpha, 1 number)
- Click Create Account.
- Click on the cover of the magazine you would like to check out.
- Click Complete Checkout
- A new browser tab will open, taking you to Zinio.com
- If you are using a mobile device, download the free Zinio for Libraries app.
- Enter your name, email address and password and click Register.
*Note: this is a separate account from the Library account you created.
We recommend you use the same email address and password for both accounts.
- Click on the magazine to open it in your browser. To read on your device, download the appropriate Zinio App.
»» Zinio apps are available from the Apple store and Google Play: Magazines must be checked out through your internet browser, and can only be VIEWED through the app.
- Open Internet on your computer, go to www.fremontlibrary.org and click on the Zinio button.
- Log in with your email address and password you created for Library Zinio.
- Select the magazine you would like to check out.
- To go to previously checked out magazines click Go to My Checked Out Magazines below the Zinio logo.
- Log in with your Zinio email address and password.
- If “Your Reading List” does not display the magazine, click on “Your Library” at the top of the page.
- To add a new magazine from the library’s FREE offerings, click on the “Return to Library” tab on your browser.
»» Zinio.com is a consumer site from which your library has purchased subscriptions. You are able to purchase your own magazines through Zinio.com with the account you created during this process. If you click or search through Zinio.com you will be given access to magazines FOR SALE.
»» To access the FREE titles through your library, you must access Zinio.com by going through the library’s website.
Click here for a printable view of these instructions.