Free technology help is offered at Fremont Public Library District. Call 847-918-3225 to set up an appointment.
Some of the popular devices that allow you to read an e-book include Kindle, Nook, and iPad. To see a complete list of supported devices, visit Overdrive’s Device Resource Center.
If you would like to learn more about how to use our digital catalog, visit the Overdrive Help page which offers step-by-step instructions as well as short tutorials you can view. In order to view the tutorials, you must have Flash installed on your computer.
If you are ready to begin taking advantage of this service, visit MyMediaMall. Click on "Sign in" at the top right of the screen, select your home library, and then enter your library card number.
Which e-book format do I choose?
If you have a Kindle or are using a Kindle app, choose the Kindle format. All other e-book readers use the EPUB format.
What digital software do I need?
- Kindle – no additional software
- Nook & other e-book readers – Adobe Digital Editions (you will need to create an account)
- iPad, iPhone & other smart devices – Overdrive Media Console (available as an app)
Things to keep in mind when using MyMediaMall
- You are limited to five checkouts at any one time.
- Items remain in a cart for 30 minutes. If they're not checked out, they return to the shelf.
- You can place a hold on an unavailable item and receive an email alert when it is available. You have three days to check out an available hold.
- E-books may be checked out for 1-3 weeks and may be renewed once if no other users are waiting for that title. The renewal option appears in your Bookshelf 3 days prior to the title's expiration date.
- To choose your checkout period, click on "Account" and "Settings" and choose your default checkout period for each format.