Book Club Services
Fremont offers special services for patrons who belong to a local book club. These service support your book club in the following ways:
- Obtaining and reserving enough books for each member of your book club.
- Ability to obtain books in multiple formats - large print, audiobooks, etc.
- A central place, the Reader's Services desk, for club members to pick up their copy of the book.
- Special due dates that coincide with your club's meeting date.
- Book club bags available to book club members who check out multiple copies of a book on his/her own card to hand out at the club meeting.
- A place to host your club. Ask us about our study rooms and meeting room reservations.
- A separate "Book Club Collection", which includes titles purchased specifically for use by book clubs.
- Discussion guides to assist you in facilitating a book discussion.
- Recommendations of book titles for your club.
Book Club Collection
The Book Club Collection contains titles that are popular selections for book group discussions. See our list of titles:
We also offer discussion guides for each of the titles in our Book Club Collection.
Book Club Procedures
- Register your book club:
You can either (a) print this registration form, fill it out and turn it in at the Reader's Services desk; or (b) call 847-918-3221; or (c) email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Choose a contact person:
Select one person from your book club to act as the contact person with the library. At least one member of your group, preferably the club contact, must have a Fremont Public Library card. Club members who are not Fremont Library patrons will need to register their library card with Fremont in order to check out books.
- Choose a club name:
Pick a name for your book club. Book club titles are held at the Reader's Services desk under the book club's name so please make sure to share the name with all the members of your club.
- Tell us your meeting dates:
Indicate the dates for your discussion meetings (e.g., 3rd Wednesday or last Friday of the month).
- Tell us your preferred title selections:
List your choices of book titles with the date you plan to discuss them.
Book Club Guidelines
- Titles requested must be available in our library system.
- Titles should be at least a year old or part of our Book Club Collection.
- Titles should not be current bestsellers and cannot have multiple holds.
Book clubs have the freedom to choose any title they wish to discuss. However, if the chosen title is new, a bestseller, or has multiple holds, book club members will have to obtain copies on their own for that particular book discussion.